Carter’s lake and dam is located near Ellijay and was completed in 1977. The lake is more than 3,000 acres and is quite popular with campers, hikers, fishermen and mountain bikers. It is the deepest lake in Georgia and offers great fishing with more than 60 miles of shoreline. There is also a big wildlife management area that is open to hunters and it spans 2 counties and 6000 acres. Deer hunting is only open for archers but you can shoot turkey and small game with firearms. You will find several hiking trails ranging in difficulty, including The Hidden Pond Songbird Trail. You can choose from five different campgrounds, only two are open the entire year.
- 2019 Holiday Shopping Guide Day 5: Gifts with a Story 12/12/2019
- 2019 Holiday Shopping Guide Day 4: Gifts for Him 12/11/2019
- 2019 Holiday Shopping Guide Day 3: Gifts for Her 12/10/2019
- 2019 Holiday Shopping Guide Day 2: Twelve Days of Christmas under $25! 12/10/2019
- 2019 Holiday Shopping Guide Day 1: Holiday Decorating from Artful Ellijay 12/09/2019